The Wrestling Banquet will be Tuesday March 5th at 6:00pm at the High School Commons Area.
On Thursday February 21, 2019 the Belcourt High School will be holding a play-in game at 5:30pm for the Varsity voy basketball team. The admission prices will be $7.00 for adults and $5.00 for students. We are not going to be able to honor our previous rates for the students $1.00, adults $6.00, senior citizens $4.00 and season passes. If you have any questions you can contact our AD Shane Martin at ext. 3224.
Seniors, Reggie Jackson will be here to deliver caps and gowns on these dates:
APRIL 3rd-10:15am to 12:00
April 11th-11:00 am to 12:30am
The following Play in games will be this week:
#11 TMCHS at #6 Jamestown girls play-in game in Jamestown on Friday, February 22 at the University of Jamestown Newman Arena. Game time is 7:00pm.
#7 TMCHS will host #10 Watford City at 5:30pm on Thursday February 21st.
Friday February 22, 2019 there will be a Senior Class meeting during Braves hour.
Last week the Wrestling Braves traveled to Fargo for the State Class A Wrestling Tournament.
Individual results are as follows:
138-Tate Laducer-3-2 4th Place
145-Clay LaRocque-3-3 6th Place
170-Nolen Demery-4-0 1st Place STATE CHAMPION
182-Levi LaFountain-4-2 5th Place
195-Louis DeCoteau-4-1 3rd Place
220-Hunter Harviell-0-2 DNP
220-Chris Laducer-0-2 DNP
285-Seth Baker-5-1 3rd Place
285-Dylan Short-3-3 6th Place
As a team the Braves finished in 7th place in the State Class A Tournament out of 21 teams. All of the above wrestlers who placed in thsi tournament should be congratulated for their hard work throughout the season, which is required to step onto the awards stand. A special congratulations goes out to Nolen Demery who is our newest STATE CHAMPION.
TMCHS 2019 PROM
Saturday, April 13, 2019
Grand March: 7:00pm-8:00pm
Pictures:6:30pm-9:00pm (Forever Memories Photography, Nikki Acosta)
$20.00 sign-up fee per couple (non-refundable and must pay at the time of sign-up)
Sign up will begin on Monday, March 4th in the commons area during both lunch periods and braves hour. The last day to sign up will be Thursday, April 11.
Each spring, a prom is held at the TMCHS. Although tradition plays an important role in the planning of the prom, it is necessary for all students/guests planning to attend the prom to adhere to the following:
1. Only TMCHS juniors and seniors many invite one other person.
2. Student must walk in the grand march with the person they invite.
3. TMCHS students, freshman to senior, 14-18 years of age may attend the prom as an invited guest.
4. Students attending other schools, freshman to senior, ages 14-18 may attend TMCHS prom as an invited guest. Formal indentification, if from another school must be submitted to the student services director or athletic/activities director verifying this information (i.e. drivers license, etc.)
5. Students who have been suspended from any school shall not attend the prom if the suspension occurs at the same time as the prom.
6. Students who are under expulsion from any other school shall not attend the prom.
7. Students who have dropped/withdrawn from ANY school during the present year, in lieu of expulsion will not be allowed to attend prom.
8. Once students sign-up for the prom, students must sign a contract agreeing to stay for the remainder of the evening.
9. All students must be in "good standing" (not and assigned out-of-school suspension, alternative to suspension classroom or remediation classroom for disciplinary purposes).
10. Students following individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA) will be subject to all regulations.
If you have any questions or concerns about prom please contact Leslie DeCoteau at ext. 3625
Turtle Mountain Community Schools Weekend Family Engagement Activities
SATURDAY and SUNDAY
Turtle Mountain Community High School
Meal will be served
Transportation Provided to and from Old Housing, Kent Addition, Shell Valley, Eagle View, South Cluster, and Green Acres. Buses will pick up 1/2 hour before activity.
**UPCOMING SPORTING EVENTS**
Varsity Boy's Basketball
Varsity Girl's Basketball
February 21st: Beef Stew, Salad Bar, Fruit/Milk
February 22nd: Lasagna, Salad Bar, Garlic Toast, Fruit/Milk
February 23rd: Egg Rolls, Vegetable Rice, Salad Bar, Fruit/Milk
Candace LaRocque wil be taking Sophomores to the STEM Career Day in Bottineau on March 11th. Students will get to attend different sessions and learn about different careers within STEM. STEM hopes to offer a hands-on activity. We will leave the school at 8:00am and return around 3:00pm.
**STUDENT OF THE MONTH**
OCTOBER STUDENT OF THE MONTH!
9th Grade-Karter Jeanotte
10th Grade-Wyatt Enno
11th Grade-Jeryn Marcellais
12th Grade-Terrance Wallette
NOVEMBER STUDENT OF THE MONTH!
9th Grade-Ashlynn Azure
10th Grade-Jeremiah LaVallie
11th Grade-Sunni Davis
12th Grade-Nolen Demery
**GRADUATION AND CLASS RING ORDER DATE**
September 26, 2018 5:00pm-6:00pm
Reggie Jackson your National Recognition Products dealer will be sizing SENIORS for their cap, gown, and tassel. We will also be taking class ring and SENIOR year announcement & accessory orders.
Not in school to be sized on order day? Contact your rep and use the sizer below to size your ring.
YOUR REP: REGGIE JACKSON
**UND UPWARD BOUND**
School Visit Schedule: 2018-2019
TMCHS, DL, FW, St. John, Dunseith
CONTACTS: Phil Coghlan Moire Dunn
Assistant Director Upward Bound Advisor
Upward Bound Office Number: 701-777-3427